Human Resources Representative
Job ID: #
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
US - Remote
No Experience Needed
The Representative performs administrative and support services to Ross associates during their leave of absence (LOA) to ensure quality administration and associate experience in accordance with laws and Ross policies. Daily tasks include: Responding to inquiries, updating and processing of leaves, leave changes, data entering in the PeopleSoft and Service Now systems, processing the LOA Inbox, checking LOA 800# voicemail, reviewing and processing of the Pay and Benefits Form, communication with business partners, and other tasks to ensure smooth and efficient processing and a high level of customer service. Communicates with management, associates, and other business partners by phone and email to assist and complete various LOA request and tasks. Focus on customer service, professionalism, job execution and teamwork.
The base pay range for this role is $21.39 - $30.91. The base salary range is dependent on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, qualifications, relevant education, certifications, seniority, and location. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
Benefits offered to all Associates include Accident, Critical Illness, Vision, Auto, Home, and Pet insurance programs; Associate Discount, Identity Protection, Associate Purchase Program, Benefit Hub Discount Mall, Employee Assistance Program and Commuter Benefits, 401K (service requirements), Employee Stock Purchase Program, Ross Cares Fund, College Discounts, Sick Pay (where legally required) and Referral Bonuses. In addition, all Full-Time Associates, including FT Retail Associate, Area Supervisor, Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager, are eligible for extended benefits offered including Medical/Dental/Vision Health Insurance, Legal Insurance, Vacation Buy, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Life/ADD Insurance, Long- Term Disability, Enhanced Maternity and Parental Leave Benefit, Vacation Pay accrued at a rate of 10 days/year after eligibility commences, 15 Personal and Company Holidays. AS, ASM and SM Associates in Stores and Exempt Corporate and Merchandising roles are also eligible to receive a Bonus based on individual and business performance.
Leave of Absence Administration:
• Uses systems such as Service Now, PeopleSoft, Sedgwick ViaOne, Ross's case management system and Excel to process leave of absence transactions including uploading and entering leave approvals, denials, benefit elections, and other data in PeopleSoft, making adjustments and corrections if necessary, generating new cases and letters, managing and responding to emails and voicemails.
• Support and communicate with all levels of Associates at all locations including Stores, Corporate, Buying Office and Distribution Centers.
• Communicate with vendors and internal partners (Payroll, Benefits, HR Services, etc.) to ensure smooth administration and respond to inquiries
• Provide customer service to associates and other clients who have questions
• Explain Ross policies to associates regarding LOAs in various states and locations, ensure they know where to locate policies and procedures in the future
• Gather critical data as requested (case notes, LOA dates, etc.) to support the company in its compliance efforts and defense of legal matters; assist in responding to Legal holds
• Provide reporting to help track and monitor the work of the Department
• Cross-train and provide backup and support to other LOA team members
• May assist in evaluating leave of absence training and/or process improvements
• Personal development to include staying abreast of changes in company, state and or Federal guidelines, current on company training, and proficiency in systems and institutional knowledge.
• Generate reports and letters (e.g. benefit payment/exhaust process)
• Other duties as assigned
• Leading by Example
• Communicates Effectively
• Ensures Accountability and Execution
• Manages Conflict
• Plans, Aligns and Prioritizes
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Strong customer service and communication skills with excellent problem solving. Establish and maintain positive working relationship with internal and external partners.
• Leave of Absence administration experience with federal and state laws related to Leave (e.g. FMLA, ADA, CA CFRA, Pregnancy, Military) preferred
• Demonstrated ability to:
o Work independently or with a team. Use thoughtful judgments on complex and sensitive issues
o Learn and ask questions
o Use on-line systems and databases as appropriate to support the work being performed.
o Attend to detail with accuracy.
• Demonstrates the functional and technical knowledge and skills needed to perform the role
• Keeps up to date on new skills, policies, processes and tools for their area
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with diverse group of associates.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; proficiency with Excel and PeopleSoft
• Familiarity with Peoplesoft and HR systems, Benefits and Payroll practices.
This position requires the ability to work in an office environment, including using a computer, attending meetings, working as part of a team, and the ability to communicate with team members and others. Regular attendance also is a requirement of the position.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States. #LI-Remote
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.